I am popping into your inbox with such joy in my heart! I have had such a great week and it’s just continued all weekend long. I hosted a brand new nearly 4 hour long Late Night Crafty Club on Friday night, and crafted nearly the entire time! This is a super big deal because my crafty mojo got up and ditched me this whole last year, and now I am so darn excited because it appears to have come back to me. For the past two weeks I have been crafting away on a super secret project, and it’s all I want to do all day, every day. I can’t think of a single time in my life where I could have said that. With all that creativitiy flowing through me, I felt like I could have crafted all night on Friday during the LNCC. I felt like Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady…but with a little less dancing 😉
So all this creativity has gotten me browsing through Pinterest again and looking for projects I have most wanted to do in the last 5 years or so. Top of the list is definitely creating some art journals, adding more pages to my #craftycommonplace book, and I am ready to put together a new TN for my morning time. I came up with the following list (cause it always starts with a list, right?) in honor of my crafty mojo returning at long last.
The Weekly 5 Roundup – Crafty Style
1. First up is creating the art journal I have always dreamed of. It reminds me of the kind of crafting I did in junior high, and my gold scissors are just itching to snip up the kajillion magazine pages I have been saving for just this reason. I bought myself one of these and some of this and I’m gonna make something yummy. If you love this style of crafting, I have a litle playlist for inspiring your own art journal project (I will be adding lots more to it), and of course I recommend watching everything my favorite art journaler Miss Adele creates! She makes it all look so inviting and approachable.
2. How about making an altered book? I saw this video a few weeks ago and knew this would be a perfect way to use a couple of the vintage books I recently purchased. I find adorable books like those on ebay.
3. I am obsessed with journaling and the amazing benefits of the practice. I did keep a diary as kid, but I truly want to be a daily journaler. So I found some tips and reasons to inspire me, and plan on creating several inserts in my new Travelers Notebook just for journaling. One insert will be for memory keeping little things about my day and one will be dedicated to gratitude.
4. I love me some online workshops, especially for creative classes. In the spirit of my art journaling passion, this workshop is my absolute favorite, and this one appeals to my simple side. And these I haven’t tried yet but they are on my wishlist. Have you taken classes you love? I would love to know!
5. My Crafting Time now has a playlist too. I call it Worship Crafting, and it is really inspiring my crafting time. The songs help me focus on the Lord and how awesome He is, which then gives me more fuel for my super secret project. I cannot wait to show you what I am working on. I start in every day right after Bible study.
Smoothie of the Week: The Chunky Monkey Smoothie. I’ll be making this one several times this week!
In the meantime, I hope your week is a productive one but that you take some time for yourself to recharge when you need it. Don’t forget, the HappyPlaceClubChallenge has lots of inspiration for you to do that!
With much love,