Cori speaks on a relationship revival with the Lord. View these show notes to get lots of helpful links on waking your faith back up, and making sure you come out the other side of these adversities a different person.
Revival: Things to Do to Draw Closer to God
- This crisis may point people back to God or for the first time
- Your faith should look different after this experience: bigger and wider
Something Easy: Live Link
- Light a candle, play music for your reading or prayer time.
- Tea Time with Jesus: Drinking a cup of tea while reading Psalm 91
Praise and Worship Him: Live Link
- A grateful heart is a happier heart. I will praise you through the storm
- Put on worship music and praise Him through the music. Set a song limit at one to start.
- Write out the lyrics to a song: Casting Crowns I Will Praise You in the Storm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YUGwUgBvTU
Scripture writing: Live Link
- Write out scriptures you want to meditate on or remember for encouragement
- Bible Girl Podcast: Live Link
- The First Love Club challenge: Live Link
- 31 Scriptures to Cultivate Hope: Live Link
Prayer: Conversation with God: Live Link
- Pour out your heart each morning to the Lord, finish each day by thanking Him.
- Use a guided prayer: Live Link
- The book that helped me change my prayer life: Powerful Prayers in the War Room: Live Link
Daily Devotional: Live Link
- Read from a devotional each day:
- This is meant to be a pause and just be in wonder of God. It can simply become an opportunity to thank God for the message. There are lots of free devotionals online and for purchase online.
- Yesterday I purchased Mornings with Jesus:
- I enjoyed the Mornings with Jesus Bible so much in 2018 that I bought a new one and this is the devotional that goes with it.
Reading Your Bible: Live Link
- Bible Gateway with parallel versions
- Use your own Bible or use an online version. You can experiment with a simpler translation to help you. The Message can help you see the overall everyday story in simple language. This shouldn’t be used for study.
Fasting: Live Link
- choose something you love or is comforting like food, television or social media. The Daniel Fast is a good thing to do for a set period of time. Share my own experience.
- Daniel Fast
Study the Bible: YouTube Videos
- The bible is the LIVING word of God and its truths help guide us in our daily walk. It can be challenging to understand at times but spending time studying will help mature you as a Christian and help you avoid being deceived or misinterpret God.
- Don’t know where to start? Type in ‘How I study the Bible” into YouTube search engine
- Save videos to a playlist that resonate with you, take time to watch one more in depth each day
- When you find the one that feels right, start applying the steps in your God time
- You can use an actual ‘study bible’ or add a commentary to your current bible so you can read further on the book or passage. This is to get even deeper insight into the process Live Link
- Dr. Tony Evans Commentary: the Kindle is $4.99
- YOU DONT NEED A KINDLE TO READ A KINDLE BOOK – THERE IS A FREE APP YOU CAN DOWNLOAD TO YOUR SMARTPHONE
- Bible Study Tools.com online commentaries: Live Link
- Bibleproject videos for the big picture: Live Link
- https://www.crosswalk.com/ Live Link
- YouVersion App: Live Link
- Guideposts: https://www.guideposts.org/faith-and-prayer/bible-resources
James 1:2-4 NLT
2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.